donderdag 26 januari 2012

Not so lovely days...these past days

Last week I wrote about having such a good day, with lots of relaxing and reading and a bit of sleeping. All because my oldest daugther got ill and stayed home for a few days. Well, after she got a little better my youngest got a fever with lots of coughing and sneezing, so the weekend was spent between kids sleeping, watching more movies and reading more books. Until Monday, then the bugs finally managed to knock me over. High fever, big headache, the lot. So I had to stay in bed for three days and I am still not better, but I forced myself to get up this morning. I am typing this with a box of tissues next to me and my body telling me to keep it short and get back in bed a.s.a.p.

So plenty of time to read you might say. Yes, plenty...I finished three books so far, because one can not sleep 24 hours a day. Still having a euphoric feeling about reading longer than the usual 20 minutes? Well not really! With a head and lungs full of snot it is not the most pleasant experience I must say. Oh well, we will fight those little ill-making monsters one day and one of the first things we are going to do is go outside, into the land of the living. Now it's time to see how my husband is doing. He told me earlier that he fainted while taking a shower, so I am off to making another fruitsalad!

For those of you who want to know: I finished this book (I'd give it three stars) and this book (I'd give it 4 stars), now I am reading this one!


2 opmerkingen:

  1. rustig aan. Elke halve graad omhoog gaat je hartslag 10 omhoog, is mij verteld.
    Dus de kans op een ritme stoornis neemt dan ook toe.
    Lezen, poeh, het lukt me niet. Hoewel als ik deze boeken bekijk bekruipt me wel de zin. Wie weet in een volgende vakantie.
    Ik ben weer op de been, na een week ziek thuis. Dat is inderdaad makkelijker uitzieken, als de kids de deur uit zijn.
    Veel beterschap

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Marije. I am sorry for your cold/flu. BUT I am so glad that is what it is. When I read the title of your post "Not so lovely days....." I had that jump in my heart - hoping it was not a jump in your heart.
    So I hope your cold/flu passes quickly, but am so happy that your heart hums along.
    Marty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen