woensdag 12 januari 2011

Gerry Rafferty


Just hearing his voice brings back loads of good memories. He is so part of my life. Sad he died!

He was brought into my life by my dad. He was into music and used to listen to the Dire Straits, Chess, Journey, Evita, Rolling Stones and...Gerry Rafferty.

I remember us going on vacation to the south of France each summer. We'd play those cassets in our hot car, watching the sunflowers and the lavender for weeks on end. Combined with the smell of sigarets and gasoline. Still love it!

I'll be honest: I was a teenager so I also had a walkman with tapes from Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Madonna and Melissa Etheridge, but the older I got, the more I got to appreciate my dads music. And now? Not much can beat ' True Blue' and 'Dress you up', but listening to mister Rafferty is like leafing through my all time favorite photo album.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten